Sport Premium Funding
Sport Premium Funding for 2018 - 2019
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for Physical Education (PE) and sport. The funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.
Key achievements to date
- Formed a stable partnerships with Greenacre Sports Partnership which have provided:
After school club, CPD for staff; Schemes of work for all years in traditional sports; Assisting and co-ordinating entrance to competitions and running sports day.
- Team GB visit to the school.
Areas for further improvement.
- To increase contact with other stakeholders to provide a range of sports e.g. Longshore Coaching Services
- To participate in a range of competitions to include non-traditional sports.
- To increase healthy eating –each year groups invite parents in to create healthy food.
To increase inter house competitions in school in a different sport for all Key Stages.
- To increase the range of lunchtime and afterschool sporting clubs.
- To ensure staff engage in CPD activities and greater opportunities for coaching pupils.
- To ensure equipment is replenished and introduce sporting captains to help maintain levels of equipment and assist in inter house competitions.
To view the Maundene PE and Sport Action Plan 2018 - 2019, please Click Here.
To view Maundene's Sports Funding Impact for 2017 - 2018, please Click Here.