Support for Families during COVID-19 crisis / Safeguarding
Medway Community Hub Support for Families – Covid-19
During this time many families will be experiencing a range of challenges whether that is financial pressures or otherwise. If you need any help during this period and you have not got a family member, friend or neighbour who can help, then the following two websites below can provide support across a range of areas, including:
- collecting / delivering prescriptions
- delivering essential food packages
- connecting you to local community services to support with other areas such as finances
Contact the Medway Voluntary Action hub on: https://www.mva.org.uk/coronavirus-landing
Contact the Medway Council Community Hub on: https://www.medway.gov.uk/coronavirus
Please note, this is a community response and you should continue, at all times, to follow the advice being given by Public Health England.
Support for Families
Support for Children
Support for Adults
Employment and benefits: These pages have additional information and will help answer lots of the questions that are being asked. Visit the new Employment and benefits support site (link is external) regularly to keep up to date with the latest guidance and messages on sick pay, existing benefit claims, new claims to benefit, self-employment, housing and more. This site covers all the changes Department of Work and Pension are making to respond to coronavirus – not just to Universal Credit. It also includes a Frequently Asked Questions section.
Online safety and guides to using apps and games safely (it might be worth uploading the guides relevant to the context of the school) https://nationalonlinesafety.com/guides
- The Food Bank (Medway)
- Medway Street Angels (email only - firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gillingham Street Angels are situated at 43 Skinner Street, Gillingham and can be accessed from 10am -1pm daily
- The Hygiene Bank for families that need help with personal products like sanitary items / personal washing products (phonecall - Emma Thomas on 07940329994
The NHS have a comprehensive page providing support for mental health and wellbeing for both adults and children. Please click here to be taken to the page. Also, please remember to contact the school if you are worried and would like to discuss this with a member of staff.