Click here for the current school meal menu which runs until October 2019 half term.
Click here for the school menu that commences after halfterm, from 28th October 2019 onwards.
At Maundene Primary School, our catering company, Chartwells, prepares freshly cooked, healthy lunches on site at a cost of £1.95 each. Menus alternate on a three week rota basis and there are several choices available to the children each day. Please note that school meals must be paid for via ParentPay.
For more than a quarter of a century, Chartwells has focused on helping young people build strong bodies, sharp minds and to lead long, healthy lives. To Eat, Learn and Live. Chartwells dishes up great tasting, fun and nutritious meals to schools
“We don’t just want children to eat our food... we want them to LOVE it. We wholeheartedly believe that lunchtime should be a fun part of the day, jam-packed with lots of different, flavoursome and healthy food. We want to set young people up for their day, and for a lifetime of good eating habits. Ensuring every student has the same opportunity to develop and make a positive contribution at school, by having access to fresh, healthy and great tasting meals.”
Pricing/Free School Meals
The cost of a lunch is £1.95 per child, which represents fantastic value for money. If your child is in Years R, 1 or 2, a Government scheme means they are entitled to school lunch at no cost to you.
Your child may also be entitled to additional funding for the school and thus to free school meals, (in any year group), if you receive any of the following support:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
To make an application for free school meals you must apply online using the Medway Council website or you can click here to access the online form. Paper applications are no longer available.
You will need to provide:
- your name
- your date of birth
- contact details
- your national insurance number or national asylum seekers number
- child's name
- child's date of birth
- school your child is attending or will attend