At Maundene Primary School, our catering company, Chartwells, prepares freshly cooked, healthy lunches on site at a cost of £1.70 each. Menus alternate on a three week rota basis and there are several choices available to the children each day. Please note that from 31st October 2016 you will only be allowed to pay for school meals via ParentPay.
Pricing/Free School Meals
The cost of a lunch is £1.95 per child, which represents fantastic value for money. If your child is in Years R, 1 or 2, a recently introduced Government scheme means they are now entitled to school lunch at no cost to you.
Your child may also be entitled to additional funding for the school and thus to free school meals, (in any year group), if you receive any of the following support:
- Income Support;
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit or support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Child Tax Credit (but are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and your annual income does not exceed £16,190.
You can obtain an application form for free school meals from the school office or click here to download a PDF version. This should then be returned either to the school office or to Medway Council at the following freepost address:
Student Services Operations Team
Medway Council are committed to improving the standards of meals served in schools and they now:
- meet the government food standards;
- offer more homemade dishes prepared and cooked in the school kitchen;
- contain plenty of red meat, fish and wholegrains;
- offer fresh fruit and vegetables everyday;
- contain reduced levels of hydrogenated fats, artificial colours and additives;
- use healthier cooking methods, such as steaming and grilling, to reduce the levels of fat and to minimise the loss of nutrients from foods;
- offer children a chance to try new foods and different tastes;
- allow children to learn important social skills in a good eating environment;
- serve a variety of freshly baked bread daily.
Our Menu from September 2019 - October half term